Add to Cart
The SS1 is the newest and most sophisticated product of its type, taking the concept to new levels of convenience, reliability and performance as only Atomic Aquatics can deliver.
The SS1 is truly a fresh innovation on a longtime concept. While others prioritize the convenience of the combination, Atomic placed equal importance on superior materials, reliability and high performance natural breathing.
The SS1 delivers high flow rates to a diver at depth with a minimum of effort. It is very stable and not prone to unnecessary free-flow or leakage from water movement while swimming or during entries/exits. The inflator/deflator is easy to operate with soft surfaced buttons placed where they can be easily operated with one hand. The SS1 is constructed of quality materials not found in any other safe second on the market. The quick disconnect coupling, regulator valve body, and inflation and deflation stems are machined from type 316 Stainless Steel or Titanium to avoid corrosion that would eventually seize components or degrade performance and function. The regulator orifice and lever are Titanium for maximum strength and reliability.
One of the most unique features of the SS1 is its adaptability to almost any BCD. We have designed a set of adapters to fit virtually every popular BCD brand available (and many that are not). The adapters also include components for attaching the cable exhaust feature of your existing BCD (if applicable). The SS1 features a quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well. The adapters that fit the SS1 to the BCD are connected to the SS1 with a threaded collar that can be easily unscrewed to detach it completely from the BCD enabling you to carry or store the SS1 with your primary regulator and gauges. The SS1 offers pneumatic or oral inflation for buoyancy control and back-up breathing in one small package.
• High-Flow LP Hose & Disconnect The high-flow, low pressure disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight.
• Multi-Configuration Adaptability The first product of its kind adaptable to a wide variety of BCD hoses and sizes. The SS1 can be fitted to virtually any make or model BCD. (U.S. Patent # 6,761,163)
• Ergonomic Controls Large oversized and ergonomically-shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces.
• Low-Profile Elliptical Design The elliptically-shaped body of the SS1 lies flat against the BCD keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.
• Unique & Convenient BCD Quick-Disconnect System This feature gives you the option to remove the SS1 from the jacket for transport with your regulator system or use on another BC. (U.S. Patent # 6,761,163)
• Atomic Patented Seat Saving Orifice Seat wear is the first cause of regulator leaks and performance degradation. The stainless steel dynamic orifice is pressure energized and only contacts the rubber seat when in use.
• Titanium Lever This high-strength metal part is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion.
• Integrated Purge Cover One-piece flexible cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
• 2-Year / 300 Dive Service Interval The same high-quality components, materials and designs as our primary regulators mean the same trouble-free operation and the unparalleled Atomic Aquatics service interval.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty Just like the warranty on all Atomic regulators, it is not contingent on proof of annual service.