The Spoc can be used as a classic rope clamp for rope ascents, as a simple pulley or as a pulley with a backstop, for example during crevasse rescue operations. It reaches an extremely high efficiency of 92%, thanks to the high quality ball bearing.
The cam, with its integrated spring mechanism, locks automatically, and will work even with icy or muddy ropes due to its special design. A cable pull lets you easily open the backstop with one hand. The backstop can also be fixed in the open position in order to use the device as a simple pulley. The carabiner connection hole is generously dimensioned so that any type of screwgate carabiner can be positioned without problems, which makes the installation significantly simpler.
1. To insert the rope, swing the movable side plate open; then hold the clamping cam open using the locking mechanism.
2. Left: Use as ascending aid: Insert the device as shown. Ensure the device blocks in the desired direction and that the karabiner is locked. Right: Use as pulley with return lock: Insert the device as shown. Ensure the device blocks in the desired direction and that the karabiner is locked.
3. When the device is used as a pulley with return lock, the clamping can be released with the locking mechanism, turning the device into a mere deflection pulley.
- The backstop can be fixed in the open position in order to use the device as a simple pulley
- Diameter pulley: 20 mm
- Suitable for ropes with a diameter of 7.0 to 11.0 mm as well as for the EDELRID Rap Line II
- Ball bearing pulleys for high Efficiency (92%)
- Cams for optimal grip on iced or muddy ropes
Fmax. Vertical [Kn]: 15
Approved rope diameter [mm]: 7-11
Load capacity [Kn]: 15
CE marking: CE 0123
country of origin: Germany
Weight: 60 g